Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Week After!

Finally our week at Camp Huntington came to an end. Life has returned to normal in Tully. My fiance doesn't have to cook his own dinner any more. The dog won't be alone at night. The cat, well, she didn't care one way or the other. I on the other hand, have kept part of camp with me. It's not the Adirondack history or the ropes course, however, it's the idea that a new way to live is coming. I'm looking at the threat of Peak Oil, and trying not to walk past liter on the ground. I think I'm becoming more active in the fight for our environment and am certainly more concerned about my part in the destruction of our planet. I've already talked to my fiance about 'going green' with our house, and have found myself reading more and more about it.
As hard as it was to take the risk and go to this camp, I truly believe I'm better for it. Other than the fact that being around Leslie has most likely sent me to hell. I consider a college course a good one when you keep thinking about it long after the course is over...and it's not just the Soft Serve story either. :)
So, thank you for this opportunity, as educators you lived up to your title. We all left knowing and caring more about alternative energy, and environmental concerns that affect all of us. So, to put into action what I've learned, I'm going to shut off my computer, and go make zucchini bread and freeze it for the winter. Never doubt a country girl, even when she wears make-up in the woods. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment