Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 3...back, back, forth and forth

Holy smokes am I drained. Hiking Bear Mtn today was crazy. It was a huge struggle getting up to the top, exspecially climbing up the rocks. I was hot, exhausted and sweaty when we reached the top, but also proud of the accomplishment. My Marine fiance would have been proud of me, and jealous! We also visited Ferd's Bog which was a short but impressive trip. I've been to a bog before and was excited about the opportunity to see pictures of underneath the bog, I think that's perhaps on tomorrows agenda. In addition, we also met and had class time with Dr. Slade and Ed Kuntz. Very cool guys with great messages for us. Kuntz is a live in the moment guy, while Dr. Slade has his eyes on the future. Both with the same message. I enjoyed Kuntz writing activity and have done exercises like that in the past. I do enjoy writing, as well as reading good writing. My blogs are terrible examples of my writing. All business, no filler. I also truly support Dr. Slade's idea, that also messes with Tim's, what we need is kids who think, not kids who only listen.

A bird sings loudly ignoring our company, as old wooden cabins show signs of rot, age and mold. These signs of life are their beauty marks, as old life is as captivating as new. Ignore the pumps, the highway, the cell phone towers and jackhammers; for it's the sights and sounds of a wind turbine that really pisses off Americans. Put the elderly in a home and forget about them and their beauty marks; celebrate the birth of a baby, clean, fresh and full of promise. But, frown upon wind power as we restore cabins built by prominent men of the past. In America, the future repeats itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment